What Are the 2021 Honda HR-V Safety Ratings?
If you’re interested in driving off in a new Honda HR-V from us at Tempe Honda, you’ll want to hear about the Honda HR-V safety ratings. With high-end Honda Sensing® technology and high safety ratings, you won’t be disappointed in what the industry experts have to say about this model’s safety innovations. Learn more about the 2021 Honda HR-V safety ratings with us at Tempe Honda today before scheduling a test drive in your favorite model.
Honda HR-V Safety Ratings from Top Auto Safety Experts
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
The IIHS has provided the Honda HR-V safety ratings to show how this model, and its various components, can hold up in the event of a collision*. These are the Honda HR-V safety ratings provided by the IIHS:
- Small overlap front, driver and passenger side: Good*
- Moderate overlap front: Good*
- Side: Good*
- Roof strength: Good*
- Head restraints and seats: Good*
Crash Avoidance & Mitigation
- Front crash prevention: Superior with optional equipment (highest possible rating)*
- Headlights: Acceptable*
- Child seat anchors (LATCH) ease of use: Acceptable*
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has also assessed the Honda HR-V safety. These are the Honda HR-V FWD safety ratings from the NHTSA:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars**
- Frontal Crash: 4 Stars**
- Side Crash: 5 Stars**
- Rollover: 4 Stars**
Honda Safety: Standout Honda HR-V Safety Features
With the strong ACE™ body structure of the new Honda HR-V and the advanced safety response systems, it’s easy to feel safe when cruising through Mesa and beyond. This model also provides better visibility with brighter exterior lighting as well as braking controls for better traction on slick roads.
Along with strong crash test ratings, this Honda SUV is also built with a wide variety of safety and driver-assist features for the ultimate safe driving experience. These are the standard and available Honda safety and driver assist features found in the HR-V lineup:
- Stability Control
- Available Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™
- Anti-Lock Brakes
- Overhead Airbags
- Front-Impact and Side-Impact Airbags
- Security System with Ignition Disabling
- Seatbelt Pretensioners
- LED Brake and Daytime Running Lights
- Halogen Projector-Beam Headlights
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Available Honda LaneWatch™
Honda Safety: Honda Sensing® Technology
As with newer Honda safety models, the Honda HR-V safety stands out with the Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assist technologies. See how each of part of the Honda Sensing® suite enhances your Honda safety below with our overview of each of the features offered:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): Initiates car brakes if a collision with a straight-ahead vehicle seems likely.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM: Stay in lane and on the road with the use of a small camera that detects road markings and alerts you if you’re veering off course.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): Enables you to maintain a preset following distance.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): Detects if you’re drifting from your lane and automatically adjusts your steering back to the center.
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)—uses a camera to detect and alert you to speed limit signs.
Bring Home a New Honda HR-V for Sale from Tempe Honda
Ready to get behind the wheel of the new Honda HR-V with us at Tempe Honda? Apply for financing online to get the process started or contact our team to learn more in the meantime about this model, the Honda Ridgeline configurations, and more. Our dealership also offers new vehicle specials to help you save more on your favorite safe model.
*For more information from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, visit https://www.iihs.org.
**Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags.
More From Tempe Honda
The 2021 Honda CR-V features plenty of technology to keep you and your passengers entertained on Gilbert drives. But, it also provides a sophisticated design that’s sure to turn heads wherever you go. However, while the new Honda CR-V offers high-level features and incredible style, what are its dimensions like? Fortunately, the 2021 Honda…
The 2022 Honda Civic sedan has been refreshed to provide Gilbert drivers with even more things to appreciate. Whether you’re after a fuel-efficient ride or you want something with the latest technology, anticipate the new Honda Civic sedan to check almost all of your boxes. New Honda Civic Sedan InventoryContact Us One…
The 2022 Honda Civic is a sophisticated and modern vehicle that’s ready for any Gilbert adventure. It has head-turning good looks and an interior that’s wonderfully spacious. With so much to offer, it’s understandable why so many drivers might choose the new Honda Civic for their next daily driver. But that’s not all, the 2022…